FCPCS State-Approved Evaluation Systems
FCPCS Evaluation System for Classroom Teachers and Other Instructional Personnel and the FCPCS Evaluation System for School-Based Administrators
This seal indicates that the charter school is using the Florida Consortium of Public Charter Schools (FCPCS) Evaluation System for Classroom Teachers and Other Instructional Personnel and the FCPCS Evaluation System for School-Based Administrators.
These systems were developed and copyrighted by FCPCS and are approved by the state for use by public charter schools and comply with Florida Statute 1012.34.
FCPCS members in good standing may choose to use the evaluation systems to assess the performance of instructional and administrative personnel at their charter schools. A web-based version of the FCPCS Evaluation Systems is available through observ4success.
The FCPCS Evaluation System for Classroom Teachers and Other Instructional Personnel, and the FCPCS Evaluation System for School-Based Administrators, meet all statutory requirements as defined in F.S. 1012.34. The Evaluation Systems meet all criteria and include the following components and characteristics:
- Support effective instruction and student learning growth;
- Provide appropriate instruments, procedures, timely feedback, and criteria for continuous quality improvement of the professional skills of instructional personnel and school administrators;
- Include a mechanism to examine performance data from multiple sources;
- Identify those teaching fields for which special evaluation procedures and criteria are necessary;
- Differentiate among four levels of performance as follows:
a. Highly Effective
c. Needs Improvement, or for instructional personnel in the first three years of employment who need improvement, Developing
- Provide training to ensure that all individuals with evaluation responsibilities understand the proper use of the evaluation criteria and procedures.
Preview Video of the FCPCS Evaluation Systems
Please see the video box on the upper right of this page to view a preview of the FCPCS Evaluation Systems for Teachers and Other Instruction Personnel and Administrators.